SUMMERTIME!!!!!

 Well, THIS will be a summer to remember!

We did have a relatively long spring, with temperatures fluctuating from high to low, but mostly cooler than usual.  June through mid-July has been nice and rather wet, but now things are drying out and warming up to the usual. 

My health is finally improving.   The body aches and fatigue WERE caused by the cholesterol medicine, and since I have stopped taking it, things have gotten progressively better.  I have felt a real improvement especially in the past couple of weeks and feel like my old self again! I might go back on something else or a lower dosage, but that remains to be decided....

 The garden is going well.  I have harvested peas and now potatoes.  Onions are ready, the garlic is done and out.  Green beans are coming on strong and so are the broccoli and cabbage, and even a couple of cauliflower.  The fridge is full and I have green beans in the freezer.... at least I did!

I went out to the upright freezer in the garage last night and the door was slightly open and everything was thawed!  What a mess!  We had to throw out almost everything, but I refused to toss the dozen bags of green beans that I had just packaged up and put out there last week!  Or the Black Currant juice!  Or all the flours and nuts and grains... I think all of that sort of thing will be fine.  Anyway, the frezer is clean and back on.  I brought the currant juuice and green beans in to the refrigerator, and we will taste test them while the freezer chills down again and decide what to put back in.  On the brighter side:

This is an empty freezer that has now been cleaned.

Here is a nice collection of emptied and cleaned freezer containers,
ready for this year's harvest!

I have also been getting back to sewing.  I've worked on Aaron and Emily's quilt and put together enough to see if I like the colors.   I do.

A & E's wedding quilt

I've just finished another 2 outfits for DGD:

T-shirt top and skirt with shorts attached

T-Shirt and capris that have sunscreen for swim days.

And while I had set a moritorium on sewing garments for myself until I lose weight (which is going slowly), I have decided that that is no fun so I've bought some fabric.....

Linen

Lawn, voile and rayon for dresses.

BUT FIRST

Our biggest announcement.  I need to make curtains.... for this ....

This is the ad photo we saw.

This is the day we picked her up and drove her home.

And here she is tucked in to her parking spot at the storage lot.

I am calling her Snelly because she is like our snail house.  We are not really campers.  But we like to travel and we dislike hotels.  We like to take our dogs with us, and make our own healthy food and not eat in restaurants all the time.  Other than the inital cost, we feel this will be a much more cost effective way to travel.  She is 8 years old, but in good condition (except for the curtains ;>)  We know there will be upkeep costs, and we are having fun finding or buying things to "stock" our new home, but looking forward to the adventure.  Which starts next week.  We are taking a trial run for a couple of nights to see if we can manage to set everything up!

But for today, we need to go out and load up a few more things and try to get things running....

Good Luck with that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Winter is almost over???