Project almost done!

Okay, as per my last post, I have been busy. I have painted my kitchen and family room, and have all the furniture replaced and most of the decorating done.  Not quite ready for it's pictures yet, but here is a sneak peek:
Breakfast area

This area of the kitchen, the breakfast area, was all wallpapered.  Now the wallpaper is gone, the walls were scrubbed clean of wallpaper paste, and the walls and ceiling painted.  I have just finished installing the new Roman shade which replaces the hand-me-down red checked curtains.  Since these shades are fully adjustable, Aaron can now sit at the kitchen table for dinner and NOT have the sun in his eyes!  I had originally thought to paint the walls a creamy yellow, but since the family room has to be the same color, I decided on a white-to-suggest-grey instead of cream.  It really took on a blue tinge with all of the blue-grey cabinets, but I think the multi-colored shades will tone down the blue.  The rest of my accents will be yellow, red with just a little blue, so that should tone in down as well.

This project is taking several weeks.... I started ripping off the wallpaper about 3 weeks ago, finished the painting last Saturday, and I am still working on finishing touches, like the other Roman shade that will go over the window at the kitchen sink. 

I have had other things to do as well.  This past Monday and Tuesday were dog shows again, and Elvis won two more points.  Now we have another 10 days off until the next couple of shows.  It certainly is easier to plug around to all these shows in hot weather when you win ! I am trying to get to as many as possible while the weather is NOT cold and icy.  I may hate going to shows when it is hot, but at least the roads are clear and travel is not dangerous.  I will bow out for January and February - or if I do enter, I will only go if the weather is good on the day of the show.  Not really looking forward to winter.....

My garden is finally producing.... the Japanese beetles have struck but there are not as many this year as there were last year.  I am getting tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow summer squash, a few bell peppers and jalapenos, onions, and now the green beans are just starting.  I think we will have green beans with our salmon tonight ;-)

I have not been knitting lately - did not want to risk getting paint on my project! As soon as this home dec project is done, I will be happy to sit down and knit again!

Blessings until later....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End