End of Summer?

I can hardly believe that it is September!  These past couple of weeks we have finally had the hot, humid weather that we usually have for weeks at a time in the summer, but have not had this year.  So just as the kids have gone back to school and it is nice a quiet in the neighborhood, it is too miserable to be outside.  Most evenings I have been able to take Elvis for his jog - me on the tricycle - but some evenings it has been just TOO humid!  We have had plenty of rain and stormy weather, too - so that has added to our un-exercise days.I don't know if I posted this, my new recumbent tricycle and Elvis:


Last evening we got our break in the weather and today is dry and cooler.  I wanted to go to a field trial today (the point of running Elvis), but with the weather change usually comes a headache, and today was no exception. Sigh.  I really hate losing a day to a stupid headaches!

SO on to other news...

My Pampered Chef business is crawling along - I am neither lucky nor assertive.  I made the minimum order last month, which is good because it was the last month for our semi-annual catalog - always a hard time to get orders.  This month we have the new Fall/Winter catalog available so I hope to get some more parties scheduled.  But this story seems to be the tune of my business:  

I have an acquaintance that was happy to know that I am a Pampered Chef consultant, and she said she would like to have both a catalog show AND a cooking show this fall.(HURRAH) She has two homes, one local and one away - so she has two groups of friends and family to invite.  As we were about to plan her catalog show - for when she would be at her away home this fall - she broke her hip and ended up in a nursing home for her recovery!  She still wants to try to do a catalog show, but it will be only her local people.  I sure wish my bad luck had not rubbed off on her!!!!

So maybe I will be more fortunate in another venture - sewing.  Another acquaintance called me a few weeks ago and asked if I could help her out with some handwork.   I said SURE, as long as I was able to produce the quality she needed.  So I did a sample project and took it over this week.  She sent me home with 6 more, so I hope this will work out well.  I also want to do some sewing of my own for the Craft Fair at our Church.  I think I will have plenty of time, since that is not until November.  I plan to make aprons like I made last year (most of them sold) and add casserole carriers and matching pot holders to my selections.  They go along with the Pampered Chef theme of my "booth".  Here is my first one:


This one is for a square or rectangular casserole, but I plan to also make a circular one patterned after a carrier I have from my mother-in-law.  I'll get to that one later this week...

So now on to some sewing......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End