Off the top of my head....


I have not written on my blog here for quite a long time, but I do think about it.

Today is my birthday.  I am 58.  I hate to admit, but I am starting to feel my age. Still, the alternative to growing older is unthinkable, so I'll just learn to cope.

In my last post I commented that I was gaining strength and endurance but suffered quite a bit of soreness in my feet from 'overdoing it'.  Well, that eventually worked itself out and I have since started to work out with a personal trainer.  She really pushes me so that I get really sore - and that makes me feel set-back instead of working forward.  We are seeking a happy medium.  I have also since discovered that the culprit to my foot soreness was shoes.  I gave up the ones that I had worn when the soreness began, bought new, comfortable tie-up shoes, and the soreness is gone... until I tried the slip-ons again!  Mystery solved, but I certainly prefer the convenience of wearing slip-ons!

I am so grateful that this fall has been so much more mild than last year!  So far we have had only one snowfall of over 2", and it melted in due time.  The temperature did get really cold for a couple of weeks in Mid-November, but even that has let up and we have since enjoyed rather mild temperatures for this time of year.  Average or better!  Considering that at this time last year we already had snow on the ground that was destined to stay until spring, I am so grateful for this year's mildness!

Our Thanksgiving weekend was nice - both in weather and in circumstance.  All of our kids were home and we had a nice time together. Here are some photos that I took while they were here:

Making cranberry relish - like Grandma did!

Pumpkin Pie

                                                                          Our Thanksgiving Table

Aaron
Ben

As the boys were here, we had them look at their Grandfather's toys that were willed to them when their Grandma died this past summer. Here are the boys looking over the old steam-powered engine toys.

 











 Here is what they looked like as they were leaving on Sunday (they don't really like for me to post photos, but this isn't Facebook)...

Aaron, Riley the dog, Michelle, and Ben                                


Now we are preparing for the Christmas season.  Ours will be pretty mild as we are starting a huge project to replace the flooring in the living and dining rooms!  That eliminates the chance of decorating.  I don't mind.  I will put a few things out in the family room and kitchen and that will do us just fine.  There will only be the 3 of us for the Christmas holiday and we are all grown-ups, so it will be fine.  I don't care for the mess and fuss of too much decorating, anyway.  I get enough of that sort work by helping with the decorating at Church!

In any case, Blessings for your Advent Season.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End