Pacing, twiddling my thumbs.....

I'm so excited!
After the holiday season, I usually get into an organizing mood, but in recent years I guess I feel I am organized enough - so I get into a sewing mood.  I have a lot of fabric and tons of projects lined up, so there isn't any problem about what to do.... just WHERE to start.  This year I began with a good tidying-up. I won't embarrass myself with a 'before' picture, but here is one angle of the 'after'.
My storage wall, all reorganized... and TIDY!


I have a lovely Bernina sewing machine that I bought when working in a Quilt shop back in 1997.  A couple of years later I bought a used serger to extend my sewing ease....  But the serger is old and cranky and I had decided that I needed to get a new one.

So one rainy morning I set out to visit a couple of shops to try out new machines.... but didn't intend to buy.  And I DID try some out and I did NOT buy one.  I came home and thought about it some more.  And I went online and looked.... I also looked at sewing machines but decided I really didn't need one. Not really.  Just the serger - that would be enough.

So one quiet day last week I picked up a project and began to sew, and wouldn't you know, the old serger just plain QUIT.  So out I go to buy a new one.  It took me less than 20 minutes.  I went to the shop closest to me that had good machines, explained what I wanted and walked out with a new serger for less than what I had allowed myself to spend! I was pleased!

THE VERY NEXT DAY I see a sewing machine listed for sale (used) that was one of the models that I was considering.  It was to come with a whole slew of extra accessories, was only 2 years old, and the price was reasonable.  You guessed it.... I told the gal YES, pack her up and send it to me!  Then the wait began.  I had forgotten that UPS does not deliver on Saturdays, so I had to wait through the WHOLE WEEKEND.  I decided to make good use of my time and get all my housework done up so when the machine arrived I could JUST SEW.

 I dusted, vacuumed, mopped, put laundry away and even GROOMED ALL 3 DOGS!

The machine was set to be delivered Monday, so to kill time I made bread and soup, and did up all the dishes. It finally arrived about 2:30pm.  I opened up the box and set out the machine to warm up while I cooked dinner.  Finally at about 7pm I got to go plug it in and turn it on!  YEA!  It works!  At least it turns on... now to put the thread in and start sewing.... but wait..... we are missing some PARTS!  Now I know there was to be a second box with accessories but it did not arrive.  I contact the seller and she doesn't remember which box she put things in... at the UPS store they had to shuffle some things around to find a box that would fit everything - that is when it was determined that it must be 2 boxes.  What a let-down.....

So today I taught class in the morning, ran a couple of errands on the way home and was safely in by 12 noon..... when I know UPS doesn't get to my neighborhood until mid afternoon...

So I ate lunch and took a rest.  The Schwan man came and I gave him a bigger order than I intended to...  Then I sat down to watch my Tuesday afternoon DIY shows, which are all sewing programs, which was NOT helping take my mind off of sewing machine delivery.....so I moved to the computer and started dinging around... where I could see the delivery truck when it got here.

FINALLY!... excuse me......




 shuffle, shuffle,




dig, clickety click.....




 Huuummmmmm......





Taa Daa!
 My new machines: Bernina 530 and Janome serger

All together with my wonderful 1080QE

Sewing heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End