Where did March and April go????

I really don't think that I have been all THAT busy!  But I guess I have... or have simply not thought to post an entry here.

Yes, considering the previous post, I have been doing a bit of sewing.  I finished a quilt for Jasper's first birthday and had it done and mailed before the Big 1 Birthday.  Here it is:


Then in April, we were going out to visit for his Baptism.  So I finished a dress, discovered the weather was going to be cool again, and made a skirt.  Here they are:

Myself, Son, Grandson, Daughter-in-law, other son.
at the Baptism.





So I AM making good use of my new machines!  I am continuing to sew as the weather has been a real roller coaster this year.... we will have lovely warm weather, have the windows open and want to be outdoors all day...then we get a cold front in and want to be indoors with sweaters on for the next week!

We had quite lovely weather occasionally in March.  I was thrilled to be able to get some of my plants moved out to the greenhouse, and to plant considerably more!  I now have all the shelves full of trays of little seedlings and some have even been potted on to larger containers... as well as a few have already been moved out to the home garden.

Just one shelf in the Greenhouse!

There was a bit of confusion and speculation about my plot up at the Church.. or rather now I should say OUR church, as we moved our membership up there - just because of the garden.  It seems that there is an older, handicapped member that would like to have a garden, and my plot is considered the choice spot.  After I thought about this for a bit, I realized that I really did want a larger space, and would be happy to move if I could get a larger space.  So I scouted out a space that had not been tilled or used for a few years, and offered to take that space - and said it did not need to be included in the tilling.  I will use the now popular "no till" method....  I have learned that this is very effective for starting in a new space, it improves the soil as you plant into it the very first year, and kills all weeds so you have minimal weed problems from the very beginning.  This idea was approved. I have begun.
My former plot in foreground, my new plot back by the van.
I moved the two raised be frames,
 as well as the compost that we bought last year.
The wood arches at the back show the end of this plot,
 but I can have more if I want or need it.

It will take the whole month of May to get everything set up, but I am getting a good start.  I am also the coordinator and planner for the Petersen Farm Vegetable garden this year, and have all of that to do, as well.

So I guess I have been busy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End