Early Blooms! ~and a bit of venting....

FINALLY!  I have blooming flowers out in my very own lawn!  Late on Friday I noticed that the daffodils were in bud, and with just a suggestion of warmth, they could open soon.... and they have!  Since I am out so little and indoors so much, I asked Jim to cut a few stems for me to enjoy here in the house.  Here are two photos of them;  One shows how NOT to photograph flowers, and the other is much better - you pick.
   

It is cool, cloudy and windy so the heads are facing down, but if you put them up on a shelf so that they are looking down AT you, they are lovely.  They are making a bright splash in the corner where I have my computer set up.

As I watched Jim out picking these, I noticed this little bloom, too:  You have to look down in the very bottom, but there are some tiny grape hyacinths, snug up against the step.  In a while, I will have lots of columbine, too.



I am alone again today.  Husband was home for about 5 hours yesterday - in between playing tennis in the morning and going to a wake all evening.  During his time at home, he hosted his Barbershop quartet for a practice and then took a rest.  I did some ironing. He DID let the dogs out and carry up a load of laundry for me to fold, so the day wasn't a total loss.  He must have had a good time at the wake - he was there for 9 hours.  Does it sound like I have a problem with that?    Yep, I do.

 Today he has gone again.  An old friend needed another voice for the music she was putting together for a Mass so she roped him into helping out.  No, he isn't Catholic.  This gig is also an hour and a half away.  He left about 10:15am and promises to be home about 6pm.  But I'm not holding my breath or waiting supper for him.....

I think I will go visit HIS mom this afternoon.  Then I will go out to the knit shop and sit and knit.  No point sitting around here alone all day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End