The BIG C!

Okay, I am at that age.... actually I am PAST the age when one is recommended to have their initial colonoscopy.  Dear Husband and I have known we should have one for several years now so this year I decided to GET IT DONE!  So we have.  DH had his a couple of weeks ago and mine was today.  Not too bad.  I was worried about the prep.... DH and I had different "formulas" and he had stomach cramps (which is what I dread most), so I was somewhat concerned, but still hoping that since I had the "other" formula, that I would get lucky.  I did.  No discomfort.  Just annoyed that even though you are not ill, you have to forfeit a good 18 hours to this! There will be no photo of this event.....

Other than that, I have been quite busy!  Gardens are going well.  I still have beds to make and/or plant at Mt. Hope, and there needs to be a LOT of weeding and weed prevention at the Charity Garden there, but Petersen Farm Garden is almost all planted now and looking pretty good.  I still have to put in some plants that I am growing here at home, but those will all go in this Sunday.  SUCH a lot of work at that garden for ONE DAY in June!  Most of the plants will not be showing their fruit, but I hope to have some Kohlrabi, peas, lettuce and radishes ready to show the visitors on Farm Day, June 26th.  Oh, and that reminds me, I need to get a farmer's wife wardrobe made from 1916, 100 years ago today - as is the theme this year!  Here is my garden at Mt Hope showing the progress from my last post:
My no-dig beds at Mt Hope Church


Mother's Day was lovely.  We met Son at Old World Wisconsin, took a picnic and had a nice day.  I love history and living history museums!  The weather was beautiful, it was opening day for the season but still not terribly busy.  We will go back another time!
Son and DH
Myself















Too bad I came down with 'flu that evening.... still, it was a lovely DAY!







Last week I went down to visit my Dad.... he is stable but not really good.  He will be 81 this summer.  While I was there I finished this charity quilt that I started making with our group at Church.  The only difficult thing with this pattern is managing the size... you sew the blocks into strips, then attach the strips to the batting and backing so it is pieced together and quilted at the same time.  Managing the bulk and getting all that through the sewing machine takes some doing!












I was home in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and to celebrate the beginning of summer, I wanted to go to a lake.  I had heard about Silver Lake in Wisconsin a couple of years ago, so I decided that TODAY was the day.  DH and I drove up in his little convertible sports car and we dipped our feet in! 
 Happy Summer!




Comments

  1. You're coming to Scotland this autumn? Hmm, I would come in the summer if I were choosing... however, the autumn can be lovely too. Or not! I'd be happy to advise you about places to go; what sort of trips do you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pam! I have finished making our plans for Scotland. We will be in Edinburgh from 1-4th October, then travel by car (YIKES) to Pitlochry to stay in a guest house for a few days, and hopefully we will be brave enough to drive out from there each day to see some sites in the Highlands. In Edinburgh, we will stay in the Old Town (close to our arrival/departure from the train station) at "The Inn Place" on Cockburn St. It appears to be close to the main historical sites, so we should be able to wander around and soak in the aura! I believe our hotel reservation comes with a travel guide to Edinburgh, but of course, I will appreciate any advice from a "local"! Thanks ever so much! Suzi

      Delete
  2. I needed to wait for fall... lower airline rates AND I have a big vegetable garden that I want to have mostly harvested and canned/frozen veggies before we go. I could use some advice about where to stay. We would like a quiet area, but close to transportation. We MIGHT rent a car, but would want to get around Edinburgh on public transit. I am looking at private home rental groups like Air B&B or VRBO, but have no idea about neighborhoods - safe, quiet, handy to transport. You could contact me at afghanbunny@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End