Monday, Monday.....

This is crazy, but I am actually looking forward to Mondays... and it is HOUSE CLEANING DAY!  Am I going nuts?

I think it is because I don't usually have anything booked on Mondays, at least not until mid-afternoon, so I know that I have the time free and don't have to "make time".  I have now officially booked my calendar for Monday mornings to get my Weekly Home Blessing done.... Flylady speak for the basic weekly clean of the main areas of your house.

Generally they are talking about a quick pick-up, dust and mop/vacuum of your main living areas of the house, but I am getting into a groove of starting upstairs in the bedrooms and bathrooms and giving those a quick cleaning before I even get dressed.  I will also strip and change one bed, and that load of laundry gets my PJ's that I have been cleaning in... easier than washing a whole outfit! It is taking me about 1 hour to clean 2 full bathrooms (scrub toilets, bathtubs, clean mirrors, wipe sinks and floors) and 2 bedrooms, (tidy, dust, mop, change one bed, and vacuum area rugs.. also hall carpet). Then I get dressed and come downstairs and start on the main floor: dust LR, DinR, Den and hall, dust mop floors, and vacuum area rugs. No cumbersome time and energy-sapping tidying up... I'm keeping up with clutter daily so it isn't a big deal.On my good days, I also steam clean the solid surface floors. When I hear the laundry buzzer, I quickly switch the one or two loads of laundry, and today I was done in just over 3 hours.... FOR THE WEEK!
Living/Dining rooms

Kitchen

Den

Bedroom

Main Bathroom

Master Bath


Please note there is no clutter nor piles... That is HUGE for me! I'm a self-admitted "piler"... always have piles of papers, stacks of knitting projects (the dogs helped me cure that bad habit - they eat yarn and knitting needles), clutter on counter and table tops... you name it!  Now I am keeping things cleared off almost daily.  This good habit makes a big difference when it comes time to actually CLEAN.

This feels good...I get really tired and my back is pretty well done for the day, but I feel NO GUILT about sitting and knitting for most of the afternoon!


There is still plenty to do the rest of the week; each area of the house is assigned to a Zone and every week you work on the detailed cleaning of the assigned Zone... when you have time.  I have several classes and outside projects to work on this week, so those things get wiggled in where I can fit them.  Then there is the BIG outside work projects, the yard and garden. Yesterday we did yard work almost all day, but have most of our winter prep work done now!

Now... That cup of tea is getting cold so I'm going to go heat it up... and sit... and knit....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End