Spring?

I am appalled to find that when sitting down to create this post, I found my previous post unpublished!  I can understand how it happened....  I like to type up the text for my posts on my laptop, but all of my photos are on my phone.... so I have to go back and forth from laptop to phone to get everything uploaded.  Guess I dropped the ball.  I do sometimes get frustrated with this program when it comes to inserting photos.  I probably had problems, needed to cool off, and forgot all about it.

Not that things have been exciting here or anything.  HA!

We are deep in the throes of the Corona Virus here now.  For several weeks, we felt like it was not going to affect us here - at least not too much.  But schools closed on March 15th, and that is when I started helping take care of all 3 grandchildren - ages 5, 2, and 4 months.  Two weeks later, my rather isolated life was turned inside out as my husband arrived to stay for the duration, we were having the grandkids all day every day, and I was feeling quite the opposite of everyone else who was suffering from isolation!!!  I see more people, more often that I have for YEARS!

To keep discussion of The Virus to a minimum, lets just say we are settled into an odd routine that no one ever expected.  Hubby and I have our grandchildren every weekday morning while our son and d-i-l are working at home.  Around noon (most days) one of them arrives to pick up the kids and take them home for naps and hopefully a little more quiet time to get work done.  My Hubby IS working from here, and sometimes has time to help with the kids, and other times he is "in a meeting" down in his make-shift office in the lower level.  What a strange twist we are all experiencing!  At this date, we are all well, and staying that way (hopefully!) through isolation.  We are doing all of our shopping online, which is challenging and frustrating, but  now that The Virus has hit our town, we are staying as safe as possible. (It got into the employees at Smithfield Meat packaging plant, and the line employees there were dropping like flies! And they still are even though the plant is closed.)

On a happier note!  My garden is finally beginning to develop - in spite of SNOW on Easter Sunday! it took almost a week for all 6" to melt off, but now it looks like Spring might actually win the battle against Winter.  We are making raised beds and have one of the old ones moved (old? - they were just built last September!)  My Apple and Cherry trees arrived in late March and were planted within days, the blueberry bushes and ligonberries were planted in the moved bed, and just this weekend I got the strawberries planted in the first big bed.  I have decided to make my beds 16' long (or so -because the boards are different lengths!), but this may end up being a mistake...  Time will tell.

I have ordered a shed kit and commissioned a carpenter to put it together for me. This was done well before Hubby arrived to stay, but he could not have done it, anyway.  Hubby IS making the foundation, and even though the carpenter is supposed to do it, Hubby has gone ahead and assembled the floor.  Could be a problem.....

Anyway, we are swimming along the best we can.  Bumps and bruises along the way but one foot in front of the other.  I'm not going to fight with inserting photos in appropriate places in the text this time.  I'll just stick them at the bottom.

6" of Snow on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020


Grandson #2 with his "man bun", looking at photos on my phone.

Water guns can be a great activity on a warm day... as long as
Grandma gives them am appropriate target!

The first planted beds of my garden!  Strawberries on the right, and onions on the left.
There are seeds planted in there, too, but not yet visible.

Learning to knead bread.  We FINALLY found yeast to buy -
Thanks to Queen City Bakery.

Grandpa helping with activities.
Baby Girl, growing and learning.

Grandma instructing both boys on Bread kneading.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End