Growing in February


   
WoW!  I wasn't sure exactly when this would open up, but here it is today, February 1st! This amaryllis is one that we bought at Costco a year ago last ..November (2019)?  It bloomed during the holiday season last Christmas, and I carefully followed instructions that I found online to nurture it and get it to bloom again.  Guess I didn't bring it in soon enough to get it going for this past (2020) holiday season, but nevermind.  What a lovely sight in this dreary February.  

Winter is finally kicking into gear.  We still have not had a lot of snow, and the temperatures dip really low only occasionally, with an average near our normal of 20F.  This week is going to be another odd ball...  27F today and tomorrow a bit warmer, then Wednesday will be 40F!  ~And then the bottom drops out and we will possibly get some of a big snow storm that is going to sweep across the country - or not.  The last couple of major storms have missed us or we were just on the edge and got very little snow.  Saturday we will be -5F overnight and a high of  8F during the day... But that's just winter out on the Plains...

The family has been enjoying a run of good health, so I have not had Granny's Daycare open for a while.  I am finally getting started on a quilt and I am also doing some card-making and garment sewing.  It feels good to get off the sofa and accomplish something!

Just some of my supplies and a few of the Valentine's cards that I started making.

An old pattern I used before. It will be a section of a full-size bed quilt.

Some of the fabrics for the quilt.

And then there are the everyday things, like laundry, making dinner, tidying up, and feeding the dogs:


We call these "Archie burgers".  He has food allergies so I make his food.  Mackerel, veggies, oatmeal and supplements.

I CAN keep a tidy house, it just doesn't STAY that way!

Vegetable-Barley soup
Cooking for a low-cholesterol diet. Kind of boring, even if this was tasty.

I'll see if my efforts to lower my cholesterol are working tomorrow.  Blood test day.... blah. I doubt my Lousy level is changed much since it takes exercise to do that, and I have not gotten into a very intense exercise routine, but I AM moving more than I was.  And no butter. 😒 I hope to see SOME change.

Comments

  1. Ooh, a quilt! I'm jealous! Still ploughing through old photos here...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End