Changing times

 ALL RIGHT!

I don't usually rant, but I am totally annoyed with all those people who do ornrey things and make life difficult for the rest of us!


Today's case in point is the travails of ONE half of a married couple trying to do things with accounts held by both in joint.... but you can't really do that anymore, can you (the plural 'you' here)?  SomeONE has to be the account holder, and anyone else is just an "added user", and ONLY that main account holder can make any changes to the account.  That is because so many back-biting couples have done nasty things to accounts held in the old-fashioned "joint" fashion during divorce processes.  My first experience with this was when I was traveling alone (with kids, but sans husband) and tried to use our old "joint" credit card that had HIS name on it to buy clothing for the boys.  The store would not take the card because it did not have MY name on it!  Today's issue is similar... we needed to cancel a Health Share account (now that we have Medicare and cheaper health insurance) which husband set up in his name, and I could not cancel without his presence to OK the deed.  Thank goodness he was here and could speak on the phone!  Once that was semi-completed (rather unsatisfactorily), I decided that it would be good to alert the credit card company that we did not intend to pay any more charges for that entity.  However, this credit card company issues different NUMBERS to individual card holders on the account and.... (can you guess?) that particular charge is coming through on HIS number.  Even though I was looking at the bill and had all the information in my hand, I could not process this block because it was on HIS card number, and NOT on MINE. And of course, he had just walked out the door....  He will not be thrilled to manage that when he gets home and WHO gets to listen to HIM rant about it?  me.

And don't get me started on Insurance issues....

I know there must be more good people in the world than bad, but as the old saying goes... One bad apple changes the whole lot.


Now, on a happier note!

I got our Advent wreath out on time!

Elvis and I took a quick walk yesterday.
Thankfully, I am coming out of this headcold quickly.

And Grandpa is teaching Grandson how to play Rummy!
A wonderful after-school activity.


Thank goodness, most of life is less annoying that joint accounts....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End