February...BLAH

 It would seem that we have done everything possible to cheer up the month of February: Groundhog's Day, Valentines Day, President's Day.  But it doesn't usually work for me.  February almost always means 'flu.  

This year, with a twist!  

We had a plain old headcold at the beginning of the month - just enough to mess up making Valentine's Day cards and feeling too crummy to go out.  Here are the lovely papers that I had laid out to make my cards with...

Stampin' Up designer series paper from at least a year ago.

It is still laying on the table where I left it.....

We thought that if this was the worst we got, then it was going to be an easy winter. Silly oldies to think such a thing! That little germ was nothing.... Just as we were both beginning to feel better we got hit with a NASTY 'flu virus!  Aches, coughing, headache!  My skin hurt so bad that I could neither move nor lay still....  And as I was coming out of day 2 of THAT mess, I had the gall to think that it could only have been worse if my nose were running.... and so then it did.  And then after about a 12 hour ache break, the aches started in again.  For the Love of GOD, would it never end?  Hubby had been miserable too but he recovered more quickly and got stuck taking care of me! Well, a full week later and I am finally out of bed and off the sofa for at least a part of each day.  I'm still worn out and get weak if I'm up and doing for long. but at least I'm on the mend!

Before I was laid low, I was making progress on a new top out of these lovely cotton jerseys that I bought right here in town!

Art Gallery cotton and elastine jersey purchased from The Dutch Rose Quilt Shop

The pattern is Simplicity 2417 and it is designed for wovens.  I've made this pattern at least 3 times over the years and always liked it.  I've tried a couple of other woven patterns to make with knits, and as long as you recognize that it will stretch out, and possibly cut a size smaller, they have worked out nicely.  Since I wanted to incorporate these two coordinating fabrics, I was looking for a pattern that had options for two, and was more detailed than the plain t-shirts that I usually made out of jersey.  It takes more time and attention to cut and sew this sort of pattern with a jersey, but so far, It is coming out nicely. It will be a tunic or mini-skirt length that I plan to wear with leggings. I also found that I have a salmon colored light cardi that goes with it.

Deer print tunic, Front placket finished and collar pinned on.

Another fabric that came in was this beautiful wool jersey that I ordered from New Zealand.  I guess I should consider it my birthday/Christmas gift since it cost so much and took so long to get here!  It is VERY lightweight and soft as can be!  I will make rather plain shirts out of it because it will be used as an under layer.  I could wear any of these colors with this tunic!

Merino Wool Jersey from The Fabric Store, New Zealand



Another woven to knit pattern that I made just last month.  It turned out well, too,

I also have a few little plants strated.  Onions (not near so many as last year!!!!), celery, fennel, basil, parsley, and pansies.


And the token family photos.  The grandson who is here daily after school, and our Younger Son who likes to send me amusing selfies.




Well, that's about it for February.  We did watch a bit of the Olympics but not much.  I'm re-watching Downton Abbey from the beginning and enjoying that very much.  Let's hope March is 'healthier'!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End