Did I post in August?

 Good Grief!

I would forget my head if it weren't screwed on!  August seems like a blurr now.  No, we weren't horribly busy but the tempo of life did change from the earlier part of the summer.  DH got the Okay to use his arm just as his Girl's tennis season started the first week of Aug.  So he started the fall coaching season in earnest.

The second week we were scheduled to have Eldest Grandson for a couple of weeks - between the end of his summer camp and the beginning of school.  

Insect meiser.  Butterflies and moths love the Verbeena! 

Finding a Swallowtail butterfly!

Garden adventures on the two days DGS was with us after his day camp.


We had him just two days and DiL texted that they had tested positive for The Big C. Even though Grandson had tested negative, he was quarentined with the family - Mom, Dad and Baby Sister were all positive.  Eventually, a week later Eldest Grandson tested positive but the Middle Child never did....  Only Baby Girl and her DS the elder had symptoms of a nasty headcold and felt badly, but they were over it in under a week. So there were two weeks without family!  No we didn't get it!

So in the mean time, I stayed busy with the garden.

One day I noticed that my Apple tree was suffering...

Two of these HUGE caterpillars were the culprits.
Cercopia Moth.
They eventually moved on to the Birch tree and I have not seen them since.



With an abundance of Zucchini, one makes snack breads.
I had recipes for one flavored with lemon, and another with cinnamon.
I also put about 8 cups of shredded zucchini in the freezer.









I bought twobags of Iris starts and began an adventure to look up, label, and share the lot with friends and family. Thankfully I had a few cooler days to work on them. I hope this one comes through for me.  There were lots of colors and styles!


I finally got this piece of Liberty Tana Lawn fabric sewn up into this blouse. This piece was pruchased from a shop in England.
Then I bought two more pieces now that it is available in my local Joann's!



I need to get busy on the one on these.  Perfect fall colors!




Finally their quarentine was over and we could get back to full throttle family life.  We had a party at DS's home for the tennis team and then did a quick trip downtown that evening for a street festival.
Pretty much everything else this month has revolved around garden and family (and DS's tennis schedule, but this is my blog, not his ;-)

blackberries beginning to ripen.

Acorn squash and a trifling amount and tiny size of onions and garlic.

Grandma on call for another sick baby day - but this was not Covid!

And so another month is gone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End