This past November...

 Enough with the silly phrases!  It's almost Christmas and I am now making up November's post (with the help of my phone's photo log).

Of course we did a lot in November.  Some the same as October and some fresh new stuff.  Whoopeee!  It was warm, it was cold, I'm not going to make this a weather almanac. Just say it was weird, as the rest of this year.

The first entry in my photo list is the kids playing with Brio trains on my greatroom floor.  I must have had them for an evening, since the date stamp says it was Wednesday, Nov. 3.  Yes, they are still cute. Eldest Grandson isn't pictured, so that means he was watching TV in the basement, as usual.

I help them lay out a track, then they will paly choo choo for a while.

Next is Stories and games.

Ah, the following day we had them as well, so this leads me to remember that their Mom was out of town for work, and Daddy had the kids.  Here's the next day:

Dessert king

The boys loved the apple dumplings. 
Baby Girl just wanted ice cream.

Good Night picture to send to Mommy - we took them home and put them to bed.  
Daddy had a late meeting that night.

A few references to gardening:  The last fresh veg from the garden for a salad, and I found Amaryllis bulbs for just $6. at a local Big Box home store.


They were literally popping out the boxes in the store! 
 This was just a week later.

I did get some sewing and knitting done.  This was for Baby Girl's 3rd birthday.

I ordered this yarn because it looked like a girl.
But I don't like the fat stripes.

Then I found this knit fabric that Baby Gril had picked out months ago!

Made up the top, and they go nicely!
Too bad the socks were too small!
I'm remaking them for Christmas...


And then the birthday.  It was a weekday so not much time to have a party.  It was dinner and cupcakes.


Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!


The next family birthday is Grandpa's (DH to me).  This year it was the day before Thanksgiving.  We had his usual favorite, beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, with German Chocolate....CUPCAKES! (I still have some in the freezer, a month later.)
At 66 he still likes to lick the cake batter.



Grandpa had plenty of help opening his gifts.


Thanksgiving was an easy day. DiL's sister was having her whole family home, so wanted to invite everyone to their house, and included us (which was very nice of her since we have no one else to spend holidays with except our son's family).  She asked if I would make dinner rolls, so here they are:


It was weird to have virtually nothing to do for a holiday dinner, but I just rolled with the flow (pun intended) because I knew we would have a holdiay weekend coming up in December.  There ended up being 22 at the table with family and neighbors and friends.  We left early and had a quiet evening. Since it was someone else's home, I didn't take any photos... no chance to get just our family, anyway.


That following Sunday was the first Sunday of Advent and I wanted to create a new tradition of having the kids to our house on the Sundays of Advent.  DiL had already bought Gingerbread House kits, so we put those together (not really my thing, but the kids love doing it and it has rather become a tradition in the past few years to do it with them).

Countodwn to Christmas candle.

Decorating Gingerbread houses

And they helped me set up the Nativity.

And finally (according to my phone log) I took a little time to update my Garden Journal, which was totally neglected, and went through my seed box to see what I need to order.  Yes, it was snowing  and I believe that was the first really measurable snow of the year.... Nov. 28.  The ground has been covered ever since.

Me.  And my gardening stuff.

Sewing, knitting, family, cooking... pretty normal for a November.

Oh, and I'm doing that Noom thing again.  Not losing much weight, though. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End