Definitely summer

 June started out busy and stayed that way all throughout.

As posted before, we got home from our Annual Family Vacation in the wee hours of June 1, and after a short night's sleep I went out to find that Yes!  My Iris were blooming!

Iris brought from our last home.

Of course, these are not the ones that I planted all along the front walkway last summer, but the older ones that are in an emergency nursery bed alongside the garage where no one can see them... sigh. Nevermind, they will get moved one day to a place where I can easily see them.

June was a month of projects, mainly gardening and sewing.  I bought inexpensive fabric at our local Hobby Lobby to try to get the fit better or to totally hack a pattern before I used better fabrics. Here is a sewing project that turned out with mixed results:

The floral skirt turned out nicely, but the top is still too large and I want to set the shoulders in farther.

This top is up next.

And THIS is not sewing but a long awaited pully drying rack for the laundery room.
I LOVE this thing!

My Community Garden plot is a disaster.  What I planted did not come up, so I weeded and replanted.  Somethings came up but were allmost immediately eaten off by rodents.  I finally just gave up and covered most of it with landscape fabric.  My home garden looks quite nice, though.

With all the  hot weather, I have used shade fabric on several beds.

I even had the local Garden Club come to see it.
It's an unusual garden for a suburban lot.

Even my GreenStalk was doing well.

And there is always time with the Grandchildren:

T-Ball with Middle Grandson.

A Day at the Zoo

A group photo was achieved.

Lunch from Freddie's but eaten at the Park.

 And just some time at Grandma's House
With Archie...

Picking peas

and making coffee cake.

Lovely special events?  Why Yes!

A trip to Minneapolis with a good friend to fill our fabric stash and visit a dog show.

BFF and I with our haul.

the first part....

and then the wools...

A beautiful rainbow (it's a double, can you see it?)

And more fabric from HL to round out my collection.

So, all in all, it was a good, busy month.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End