Spring 2024

 Well, we finally have what could be considered a wet spring!  There were a few occasional warm days  (even up to 80* in March), but then March went out like a lion with wind and showers and cooler weather and it has stayed that way all through April.  Our sump pump has been running steadily and our back yard was beginning to get flooded - but that was from the neighbor's because we switched our exhaust to the front/street.

Here are some photos from April:

April 1 - no foolin'!

And then came sun and WIND!

Little Miss likes to lead Mr. FancyPants around, and he just goes along!

We're cleaning up the front border as things start to pop up!

And divided a clump of seeded garlic to see if it will grow into bulbs.

Family project to pick rocks....

And Little Miss with her best buddy - on a warmer day
(but it wasn't really THAT warm).

Planting peas in the garden with my two garden helpers!

Just how big IS Mr. FancyPants?

Most of these are outdoor activities, but not every day was nice - there have been an abundance of rainy days, which we are grateful for.  So there were other activities that kept me busy.  

I made a dress for Littlel Miss.

And knit a sweater for myself.

Chino gets a groom about every 10 days...

And someone wants to know what is so fascinating about these screen things...???

TV and cuddles after school.

I knit an Emotional Support Chicken.
this is Henny Penny.

I finally got this WIP quilt project out and added 3 more rows.
Then I thought I was cutting out fabric to make more HSTs,
but discovered I had cut MANY the wrong size.

And on the very last day of April, I got my Greenstalk planted with 4 layers of strawberries.
I saved the top layer for herbs and flowers.

Other activities included DGS the eldest starting baseball, school programs, tennis season causing DH no end of grief, and getting his knee surgery scheduled for early summer.

And dieting.  My weight hit 5# over my all time high and that was ENOUGH.  Since I use this blog as a diary, I will mention that over the winter I started cholesterol - lowering medication (it is causing muscle pain) and with my cholesterol score lowered, I am now on HRT which will hopefully help me to break through the weight loss wall. I have also read that allergy medications and contribute to weigh gain, so I have changed allergy medications to off-set this issue.  I hope SOMETHING works!  In the past 2 weeks, I have gone on a serious low-carb diet, watching what I eat without counting calories, and I had lost 5#.  But it is hard.

Today, Fran gave me some fresh rhubarb so I had to make Rhubarb Crunch.  I haven't made it for 4 years!  I'll have just one bite - or two.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End