A new week

It is HOT and HUMID here today!  It all started last weekend when Son #2 and I drove up to the Twin Cities to visit Son #1 and wife.  Temperatures have been really hot and sticky since Saturday and there is no end in sight.....  Hopefully by the end of this week the temps and humidity may moderate a bit - down into the 80's maybe?  But all this week we are to continue to have temperatures in the mid to upper 90's and humidity so high that the heat index will be 105-115!  Thank GOD for Air Conditioning!!!!

Like I said, we went up to visit my son and his wife.  I love driving through Wisconsin; the landscape varies so much more than what we are used to, going mostly through corn and bean lands of Illinois and Iowa in the past. Wisconsin has rolling hills, farmland that is corn, beans, wheat, oats and pastures of dairy cattle.  But mixed in are the forests with lots of different kinds of trees.  This time of year there are all kinds of wildflowers, as well.  Then there is The Cities!  M & B have such a cute house and live in a lovely neighborhood of Minneapolis.  The area where they live was developed after WWII, and the houses are small but very attractive - no two alike but with a certain familiar tone that blends the neighborhood together in a very nice way.  The kids bought their house with some updating done, but they have continued to improve their little house and lawn.  It is like a very efficient little doll's house.  Plenty of style, but very tight on space!  This summer, they have taken out an old sidewalk and created a lovely paved patio.  M is enjoying her raised bed gardens that B built for her last year.  Riley pup is just a doll and so much fun.

My treat was to go to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market.  I loved it!  All kinds of artsy craftsy stuff and then TONS of garden-fresh fruits and veggies!  I could not resist buying some new potatoes and dragging them all the way home!  We also had some fast food that reminded me of the Fair.  But most fun was strolling around, looking at everything and people watching, too!

Son #2 and I came home on Monday.  He emptied out his storage unit in Minn. and drove a U-Haul back and I followed (or led) in my car.  Kind of a nerve-wracking trip, but we made it back just fine.

I get a couple of days to find my regular groove, then out to the mother-in-law's for a few days.  Her Caregiver is due for her days off, so Husband and I will share the mom-sitting over the long weekend.  Maybe next week will be more normal???  But I doubt it ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End