A new job

Okay, I finally did it! I have been trolling for a way to earn some income - I need to support my hobb(ies) you know - and applying for a time-card kind of job was not working out.  My condolences to all those folks out there that are applying for jobs with online applications - YUCK!  What a horrible experience!  So I decided to look into a home-based business and settled on Pampered Chef.

I love to cook and am better than most home cooks nowadays!  It seems like learning to cook is at the bottom of most people's to-do lists.  We have become a society that excels at eating out or opening boxes if we "cook" at home.  I had a thought about a year ago that I would like to teach cooking classes to young people, so this is a step in the same direction.  Except that with the Pampered Chef cooking demonstrations, they most often start with -or at least include- some kind of pre-made or pre-packaged ingredients.  Guess I will have to just accept that this is part of our cooking culture now...

But I AM signed up and have practiced my first recipes and have even hosted my own "first show".  Thanks to all of my friends for coming to be my guinea pigs!    Now I just have to figure out how to send in the orders!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End