October?? REALLY?

[Insert all those redundant comments about time... how it flies, where has it gone.....]

Okay, so it is now October.  I have been telling myself all through the month of September that it was 'still Summer!'  Now I guess that I have to admit that it is fall.  The trees are just beginning to turn here, this is a tree on our street - not one of mine, my Maples are just barely beginning to go red at the tops.


I think it is so interesting that this tree is changing color from the top down!

SO, since September was still "summer", here are some highlights:

We finally got the work done on our deck; the old one was ripped off in about 2 hours, and it took about 3 weeks to get the new one built, thanks to weather delays and a busy schedule for Building Inspectors... But here is the final product:
Most of the deck work is finished, and Jim and I started enclosing the underneath for the dog kennel, using lattice on this side to block view of dogs for the 'back door neighbors'.

Enclosing the sides with wire fencing for good air flow.  Side neighbors are higher and don't have a direct view.
Old dogs inspecting their new outdoor area.
I'm so happy to have this done!  The old deck was multi-level and very awkward to use... steps up or down no matter where you wanted to go.  Now we have it all on one level, straight out from the sliding doors.  This is what it looks like from above:


 

This is how we installed our hanging swings!  We have one on either corner.  There is also room for our small table, and if we want, the grill, as well.

Aside from this project, I have also taken Elvis to a couple of field trials.  For Afghan Hounds (and all sight hound breeds) the field trial is called Lure Coursing.  Here is a picture of him at one location in Indiana, and the second is of the field in Wisconsin.

  

I hate the drive to Indiana because it is all busy interstates and multi-lane highways through Chicago.  However, the drive to the Trials in Wisconsin is quite different; beautiful rolling landscapes along back roads that are so lovely!  And it takes about an hour less time!  Which would YOU prefer?

The view East, from US 45 outside of Bristol, WI.
I choose this one!  The weather for both trials was perfect.  Sunny, temperatures in the 70's F (about 22 for my Celsius friends).  Elvis and I have not been exercising though, so he did not run well for competition.  We still had fun. What a glorious way to spend a day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End