There have been times these past few weeks when I have had so many different things that I wanted to post about, that I could not decide how I wanted to set it all down.  Of course, now that I have a few minutes to write, I can't think of many of them!  Here are a few things that I have remembered:

DH and I took advantage of a beautiful fall Sunday and went to the Japanese Gardens in Rockford, IL. I have enjoyed blog posts of other people (Isabelle) and the lovely gardens and places they visit, so here is a place that we have visited and enjoyed:
Sculptures by Swedish artist Carl Milles






Waterfall






Our trees are more beautiful this year than ever before:




Recipe Night:
In an attempt to boost interest in my Pampered Chef business, I have hosted a couple of parties at my house.  The first was a "Girls Night IN". I had my guests help to make a couple of the new Pampered Chef recipes, and my friend brought some of her Stampin'Up business items to make paper crafty things.  It worked out nicely and everyone had a good time.  A few weeks later I had a Recipe Night, which is kind of like a class...  my participants paid a small fee to come and "make and take".  The theme was Apples.  Each guest got to taste 8 varieties of apples and helped to make some applesauce and the fried apple pies. Everyone took home applesauce, fried pies and a Pampered Chef paring knife. Here are some pictures of the food:
Apple and Applesauce tasting:


Fried Apple Pies:
They were delicious!



Recovery.
My wonky foot is well on the mend and my energy and endurance is working back up, so I have been doing all kinds of household projects that have been ignored and passed over for months.  One Saturday, DH and I worked on the garage.  We sorted, re-organized, and put up new shelves.  Very efficient and neat.  The next week I hit the basement (all by myself).  Here are some before and after pictures, just so you can visualize what an accomplishment this was!

BEFORE:


AFTER:



The poles down the middle are "Weave Poles" that I use to practice dog agility.  Now we have room to practice again!

However, in the process of all this good work and accomplishments, I have over done it...  My wonky foot is in fairly good shape, but my "good" foot is terribly put out.  Advice is to not do so much.  sigh. It has been 2 weeks that my feet have been extremely achy and stiff. They eventually warm up and I can move enough to do what needs to be done, but it is another inconvenience to get through.

That is all for now.  I don't want my fingers to feel overworked ... ;-)

Comments

  1. Your basement looks very impressive. I wish British houses had basements. They hardly ever do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UK does not have tornadoes, but rather you have hurricanes. I believe many places have a high water table, too... both circumstances mean water in the lower level... NOT convenient. I believe that you have attic storage? Treasures abound in British attics!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End