And now... SPRING!

FINALLY!
We are in the middle of our first true melt-off for the year, and I feel like celebrating!  I can feel myself shaking off the hum-bug of the winter blues and getting excited about being outside!

But first, a recap of February:  The first of the year initiated true winter weather.  We had a fairly moderate fall and even December was nice.  No snow at all before Christmas, and then of course, as soon as I had plans to go down to see my Dad, snow hits the weather forecast.  I made it down but had to delay a day coming home because of the blasted snow.  The weather was clear for the week of mom's funeral, but by the end of January and come February, the temperatures went down into the 0's and we had snow again and again.  Even the first of March was snowy! We did find a few activities to keep our spirits up.  We had decided that after the new year, I really was entitled to a vehicle upgrade, so one Saturday we went car shopping.  I say car, but what I mean is mini van.  After months of deliberation I had decided that I really do need a bigger vehicle and had decided on a Ford Transit Connect.  Plenty of room for the dogs, good mpg for it's size, and easy to maneuver... didn't feel as big as my previous mini vans. I test drove one in November, so I knew I liked it. FYI, here is what one looks like, I even liked the white color:




I rationalized that we could still transport 4-5 adults in Jim's PT Cruiser, if we needed to.  So I didn't really need a vehicle with people places, just room for 3 dog crates; one XL for Elvis!  HOWEVER, to go to Mom's funeral, both of our sons came to our house, and we DID all go in the Cruiser - with suitcases, winter coats, a cooler, book/knitting bags, briefcases... you get the picture.  It was NOT comfortable!  We all felt like we were crammed in like sardines, and it was a 4 hour drive.  SO, I had a re-think about that cargo only van.....

After a couple of Saturdays, roaming around the Dealer lots and looking inside various makes and models, DH and I decided that the most practical vehicle was a mini van that had stow-away seats.  Both of us have bad backs, so remembering how challenging it was to haul the seats out of our previous vans, gave those models with inside storage seats an A+; and we also don't have storage space for removable seats in our garage. The Transit Connect does not have stow or removable seats!  They are either bolted in or none at all.  Process of elimination got us down to this nice Dodge Caravan, my new baby.  After almost a month, I am getting used to driving a big vehicle again.  I have not sold my Vibe, and really don't want to, but.....




I love the automatic door openers!  Elvis' crate is inside the driver's side back door, so for now, when I open it he just hops in.  When I switch to the big wire crate, I will have to open the crate door for him.  This soft-side crate is all mesh so he just noses the door aside and hops in.  I just bought an indoor-outdoor rug that I cut to fit the entire back cargo area with all the seats stowed away.  I hope that keeps the carpet and seat wells clean and dog-hair free!




















And now for Spring!
My Master Gardener class is going well and I have already started seeds indoors.  I made a seed starting area in the utility room of the basement, with a "sunlight" florescent light.  I have scallions that are up and growing, as well as cilantro... which I "potted on" last night.  They seem to have tolerated the transplant process well, so I am now ready to try bigger ticket items like tomatoes.  I wanted to start the tomatoes last night, but my seed starting soil had dried out, so I had to give it a good soak.  Hopefully I can get those seeds in tonight.



At least the garden has melted off!  This time last week there was about 12" of snow - you could barely see the rabbit fencing sticking out a bit above all the white.  Here it is today!
 The snow is almost exactly along the lot line, and in the neighbor's lawn.  I even found some onions that were shooting up some green! Considering that, I guess I could get some of the really cold-loving seeds in, like lettuce and spinach.  I think I will get one of those row covers and give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes!  

Now, where did I put those gardening catalogs...????

Comments

  1. IS JESUS THE AUTHORITY IN HIS CHURCH? BY STEVE FINNELL

    Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (NASB)

    Does Jesus have the authority to sanctify the church by cleansing her by the washing of water with the word? It would seem many deny that Jesus has the power to sanctify the church.

    Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.(NASB)

    Ephesians 5:26 He did this to make her holy by washing her in a bath of water with the word.( CEB)

    Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify it, cleansing by the laver of water in the word of life:(DRA)

    Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy and clean, washed by baptism and God's Word; (TLB)

    When believers in Christ are baptized in water it is Jesus that sanctifies them and makes them clean. It is not a good work of the believers.

    It is beyond comprehension that men try to limit the authority of Jesus by denying that He has the power to make men holy by washing them in water with the word of God.

    There are many who deny the water baptism is essential to becoming holy and blameless. Some men are honestly ignorant, but is that a valid excuse after they have read the truth as written in their Bible.

    Ephesians 5:26
    Acts 2:38
    Mark 16:16
    Act 22:16
    Colossians 2:12-13
    Romans 6:3-7
    1 Peter 3:21
    Galatians 3:27
    John 3:5

    Does Jesus have the authority to sanctify the church using water baptism according to God's word? YES.

    You can trust your local preacher, Bible commentaries, CHURCH CREED BOOKS or other uninspired books written by men,but as for me I will trust Jesus.



    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End