A week with Grandson!

A couple of months ago, my son called to ask if we would come out to babysit Grandson so he and Daughter-in-law could go on a winter vacation with friends.  Now you must understand that I do NOT like to travel in winter weather, in fact I am a terrible weenie if it is snowing or icy.  ESPECIALLY when traveling such a long distance (it is 9 hours across open prairie).  However, I love my son, and who wouldn't treasure a whole week with a little drop of sunshine like my Grandson, so I said yes!
All fall and through December, the weather has been unnaturally fair and warm, but I would have bet big $$ that it would get nasty when we had to travel, and it did!  We made it across 2/3 of Iowa and just close to sundown, the temperature dropped, the rain turned to snow, and the roads started getting tricky. So we pulled off for the night (good thing) and continued the next morning, when all was cleared off.  We knew we were in South Dakota when the pavement turned to pink! (Rose quartz is the most plentiful road construction material).









Helping to unpack.

Playing with Grandpa.


Grandpa, you are not watching!

We love to read!

And more napping

Grandma gets to play, too

Bath time is really fun!

We went to Yankton to visit for a day.

Walking the hall... with some help.

And now we are home again and have ripping bad colds. Glad to go to our own beds and have our old-people peace and quiet!

Comments

  1. You babysat your baby grandson for a whole week! Gosh! That was very brave. I look after my grandchildren a lot, but only started having our grandson overnight (one night at a time) when he was three. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End