Not a good garden year....

This was a pretty awful year for my gardens.  As I sit here and think, I will try to list what successes that I had.... Onions.  I had the best Onions ever!  And cabbages, I had more and better cabbages. At Petersen Farm we had great success with the new raised beds, and the same at Mt. Hope Church garden. We built raised beds and had some really good veg that we had not had for years: beets and carrots, specifically.  And pumpkins at Petersen farm.  I had two HUGE Jahrandale blue pumpkins, 20# and 23#!  We also had success with covered rows of brassicas: cabbages, broccoli, red cabbage, brussel sprouts.  We will do those the same again.

Failures were fantastic.  Virtually NO : tomatoes, green beans, peas, sweet corn, or dry beans. I had few carrots and no beets in my own garden....  I did have cucumbers, but no time to make pickles, so I gave those away.  I did not get squash planted (or the ones I did plant later did not germinate). Norb's potatoes at Mt. Hope were good, mine were small and are not keeping well.

We had great success with weeds.

There is always next year....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End