Changes, changes - that's our "New Normal'

 What was that I said in my last post about things always changing?  Well, this month will fit that mold, too!  BIG changes and I hope they will all be good.

The first to pop up was that the kids decided to put the two little ones in a different daycare, out in the small town where D-i-L works. Very good logic as that daycare has much smaller classes and most of the children there have parents in the same health-care group as my D-i-L works with... so if there is any exposure to Covid-19, staff will probably all be sent home just like the kids. Oldest Grandson started school, and I will still be on call to pick him up every day and keep him until the parents are done at work.  So I'll be trading two littles for one big!  As well, I will also still be the back-up if (when) anyone has to be in isolation or schools close.  So I'm telling myself that I'm just having a little break....

The next HUGE change is that hubby has accepted a job here and will be moving here soon - at least within the month.  I am so happy for him as his job has become unbearable and he has been so frustrated and unhappy.  He is still concerned about finances, but I am sure we will be okay.

In the mean time, two of my hobby groups have scheduled meetings for this month, so I might get to go out and talk to grown-ups again!

Garden veggies blanched, bagged and ready for the freezer.

Canned Pickled beets and salsa.
Also baked muffins and Jersey sweet potatoes and one quart of pasta sauce is ready to freeze.
Kitchen is busy.

Kitchen is cleaned..ahhhhhh...


And the garden is producing steadily.  This week I have put up tomato sauce, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and celery in the freezer, and canned salsa and pickled beets.  I am looking forward to cooking for two again!

My only other project to be completed lately is some sewing.  I finished this lovely blue linen top and I'm sure I will wear it for a very long time.  After it was done, I took a cue from a conversation on one of my Facebook groups to keep track of my "makes".  This is what I came up with: to photocopy the front of the pattern envelope, use the remainder of the page space to make notes, and include a bit of the fabric.  I would also like to include a picture of myself wearing the garment, but I have to get my printer to talk to my phone pictures, first.




Until I can get a photo printed for the sewing notebook, this will have to do....

I plan to make my next installment in early October, after the dust of September has cleared!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End