Thanksgiving... and then some

 Well, as I look at that last post, I am a bit surprised to see snow.  I mean, I know we HAD snow, but it melted within a week and we have had none since.  As a matter of fact, it has been unseasonably warm and dry.  I have done all kinds of end-of-the-season projects outside that I never seem to get done in a normal year.  We have even put up some Christmas decorations in very mild weather - so it still does not feel like Christmas! No one's fingers even got cold.

Thanksgiving has come and gone and we did miss having DS the Younger with us (Damn Covid!).  It was another lovely day full of food and local family.  We watched the modified version of Macy's Parade, which was a bit sad, but still there was Santa, so the day was saved!  DIL and I shared the cooking of the feast and no one went hungry!  I do have to add that the pumpkin pie made from pumpkin grown right in my own back yard was absolutely delicious!  I might have to bake another.

apple and pumpkin pies

Grandpa with Grandkids

Grandma with Grandkids

The Thanksgiving Table

And from the other end of the table....

Grandpa is doubtful that GS the Eldest can eat all that turkey leg!

Yes, homemade cranberry sauce.  It was easy AND delicious!


Husband is at present working two part-time jobs... one at Home Depot which is taxing his brain and his energy, and the other is much easier (independent contractor format) but takes more time than he is actually paid for, and no benefits.  He says he will continue with both until into January and decide what he wants to do then....

I am busy working on Christmas gifts; both sewing and knitting. I'm trying not to do much cooking or baking since my Annual Physical bloodwork screamed that my Cholesterol is much too high.  So I'm cutting out butter, reducing my red meats, cutting back on eggs and dairy, and having oatmeal almost every morning.  I still need to exercise more, but this is a bad time of year to deal with that.  I'm counting house cleaning as exercise as long as I keep my heart rate up!  With this unseasonably warm weather I should be walking every day, but energy needed to do other things has to be managed.  I'm doing well to walk 2-3 days a week, and this week while I was active, I did not walk outdoors (but I did clean house, work in the yard and put up decorations, and did my weekly shopping plus extra).

And here is a pic of the Grandkids decorating their Christmas tree:

it was a circus.

That's all for now...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End