It's still January...

 But you would never know it from the weather!  We are having an unseasonably warm winter, with temperatures hovering around freezing for our Highs.  Daytimes sometimes down into the 20's*F and this week we are supposed to get up to 50*F!  Not unheard of for a day, but to have consistent temperatures so warm is unreal!  We had snow last week but it still was not too cold, and it has been just cold enough that it is melting slowly.  That's OK with me as I hate a brown winter.  Some snow on the ground for insulation is good. At least I have an amaryllis that wants to bloom!



I have only the Nativity to put away as far as Holiday decorations are concerned, and we still have the outdoor lights up but I don't turn them on anymore.  I detest seeing holiday lights after Epiphany!

 As far as our health goes, DH is fully recovered and back to work.  I have had symptoms lingering so a week ago I went to the Dr. and had a bevy of tests done.  I do NOT have Covid, nor do I have Strepp nor Mono.  My bloodwoks shows everything vital within normal ranges, so I just need to eat good foods, get a bit of exercise, good sleep and GET OVER IT!

Baby Granddaughter has been having a rough time. She may have had a bug (fever) but she is teething and has several bumps trying to sprout teeth. Since she is sometimes feverish and consistently miserable, I have had her and we have done lots of cuddling. We are back to having the kids at our house, whether the little ones all day or the older one after school.  I am actually starting to get some housework done!  Albeit in between cuddles....



Comments

  1. That doesn't sound like a warm winter to me! Goodness gracious. We feel sorry for ourselves if the temperature is anywhere near freezing. Which is it at the moment. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like anything else, you get used to it.....eventually. I have been allowing myself the luxury of NOT going outside and that is just not going to continue. Made myself promise to get outside (not just in the car, which I do) and be active every day. Unless the wind is howling. That makes any temperature so much worse! I had better get going now. The sun is shining, the wind is calm and my dog is restless....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End