It's May, it's May, the merry month of May...

Sigh.... one of my favorite songs from the musical Camelot..

But it is finally here and so is warmer weather and rain.  Our weather forecaster predicted 80's for Wednesday, so I decked myself out in a skirt and t-shirt, but paid the price.  It only got up to 63!  Never fear, Thursday was well into the 80's and I got properly thawed out.  I even heaved myself out of the house to inspect my husband's project and caught a glimpse of myself reflected in the front door:  Blurry because of two panes of glass, but here I am!


I hitched myself over to my front border and bent down to pull up some volunteer plants that are threatening to overgrow everything... that is going to be a big project that I had better get serious about, and soon!

The warm weather has really gotten things growing! Each day that I look out my window there is more green. AND my Cherry tree is blooming! It just started yesterday and is not in full spate, but here is today's installment:

I am so pleased to see that it has come through the winter, and thrilled to bits to see so many blooms!  I planted this as a tiny stick the first year we lived here, and the next year I dug it up and moved it, and ditto the following year!  This is about the third year for it to be in the same place, so it is now getting established nicely and beginning to produce.  Cherry pies in July!  But alas, I believe that my blueberry bushes are a total loss.  Not a speck of green on them anywhere.....

I love my boys.  Neither of them can get here this weekend for Mother's Day, but look what they sent:

A lovely bouquet  that will last for days.  I appreciate that they remembered, and the note in the card was heart-warming.  I must have done something right.....

Husband and Sons
This was taken a few years ago, but it is one of my favorite pictures of my men!

I am anxious to get outdoors and GET THINGS DONE, but I am just not mobile enough yet.  Next Tuesday is the day for my next appointment with my orthopedic surgeon.  I hope he finds that I am making amazing progress and can move on to the next stage of recovery.  Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End