Heaven's newest Angel...

Not many married women can say that they truly love their Mother-in-law. 
 I can. 
 My Mother-in law is a lovely woman in every sense of the word. She is kind, considerate, giving and a wonderful role model.  Sometimes I think that I married my husband because I could tell that she was going to be a gem. 

 I know that she felt good about me, too.  She told me years ago, that in one of her Bible Studies, the discussion was about Naomi and Ruth. This is the infamous passage that is taken out of context and used in wedding ceremonies.  In the Book of Ruth, Chapter 1 we are told that Naomi had two sons, both of whom died and she was left with 2 daughters-in-law.  Naomi decided to go back to her own people, and since the daughters-in-law were from another tribe, she told them to go back to their own people and find new husbands.  In  Ruth  1:16, the second daughter-in-law refuses to leave Naomi: But Ruth says" entreat me not to leave you or to return from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God.... The question was asked, do any of you have a Ruth?  And Margie told me that she had answered Yes,  Suzi is my Ruth.

There is no higher compliment.

Margie and I had a lot in common.  We both enjoyed needle arts; sewing and knitting, cooking and baking, gardening, reading (I was always borrowing her books) and our families.  We both had a great deal of respect for each other.  And we had one other thing in common... Managing Jim!  I don't know how many times I called to complain about her son and she LISTENED to me, sympathized with me, and would occasionally offer some insight to help me manage him. She NEVER criticized me for my complaints - they were pretty general "man issues"  that were not necessarily particular to Jim, just stuff that MEN did that drive all us girls mad!

She was a wonderful person.

I have to use the past tense now.  Margie passed quietly this morning.  At age 95, this is not unexpected, but her condition, however frail, has been stable for months.  We had brought her to our house for supper on July 4th, and Jim had been to visit her on Sunday, as well.  So getting the call this morning that she was just GONE was a surprise.  

Gone, but never forgotten. 
                 God bless you, Margaret Elizabeth Armagost Scholtz.

Christmas, at Grandma's House, 2005





Grandma with her Christmas Cactus, at our house, 2012
Grandma Margie, Easter 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post of his own

Adjustments

Summer's End